Sunday, August 23, 2009

Dear Diary,
Day 26

I decided to bake bread using the diesel engine and none of the sailors stopped me so far. In fact they were fascinated by what I was doing. I was explaining to the sailors on how to bake the bread using sign language. I wanted the bread to bake quickly as Bibi was asleep. The sailors could not wait to get their hands on the bread but I had to stop them with my hand gestures. I had to thank Rashida for providing the flour for the bread. While I was under the deck, there was water up to my knees. I asked the sailors if the boat was sinking but they did not understand me. I did not share this piece of news with the others as I did not want them to worry about it.

Day 27

I could not eat the bread that I had baked as the boat was moving up and down with the huge waves. I started to feel seasick. However, Bibi was not seasick. Many people on the boat felt just like me. I pitied them. I struggled to drink the water that Rashida was giving me to sip from her vegetable tin but a whiff of vomit and urine hit me and I tried hard to keep the water down. I just could not wait to get to Australia and meet my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment